Nicola (Nick) Sanna
Market-driven, growth-stage CEO/COO. Successfully developed high tech organizations into early market leaders both in the US and in Europe.
- Average yearly growth rate of operations exceeded 50% for most of past 15 years.
- Directly contributed to the planning and growth of an infrastructure mgmt. software company from $9M to $150M.
- Grew EMEA branch from 0 to $12M+ in 3 years. Grew start-up’s sales from 1 to $6M in 2 years.
Hands-on operations, marketing, product management, direct and indirect sales experience for diverse product lines.
- Managed organizations of up to $150M-700 people. Talented at attracting, growing, motivating management teams.
- Established global distribution channels and strategic partnerships with market leaders (HP, Dell, Oracle/Sun, BMC…).
- Effective influencer of industry research analysts.
Familiar with capital marketplace.
- Completed multiple equity and debt financing rounds with prime venture capitalists and venture banks.
Servant-leader leadership style.
- E&Y Entrepreneur of Year Finalist (Washington region 2008)
- AeA High-tech Entrepreneur of Year (Florida 2002)
Masters in Economics & Business, 110/110 cum laude, University La Sapienza, Rome, 1991.
- Scaling Your Business – Stanford Graduate School of Business Course, 2014
- Business Administration & Strategic Planning – College dei Cavalieri del Lavoro, Rome, 1986-1990 (Scholarship from the Foundation of Italy’s top Entrepreneurs/Industrialists)
- Fluent in English, French, Italian, German. Intermediate Spanish.
- Born in Vienna, Austria. Dual US and EU citizenship.
CXOWARE, Inc. – Leading SaaS provider of cyber risk management solutions (3/2015-)
Strategy & Management Consultant (9/2014-2/2015)
- Analyzed and re-defined strategy to launch new cyber-risk management solution, including market study, competitive analysis, solutions design, launch and growth strategy, strategic goals setting, strategic planning.
- Designed new websites for new commercial offering and for parallel user community.
Board Member and Advisor
- Digital Risk Management Institute (10/2014-2/2015)
- Waverley Labs, Security Services and Software Company (9/2014-2/2015)
- Netuitive (7/2014-12/2014)
- Blankchat, Social Media Marketing Startup (8/2014-)
- School of Business and Economics at the Catholic University of America (9/2011-)
- The Economy of Communion, Social Entrepreneurship Initiative (9/2007-)
Netuitive, Inc. – Leading provider of Predictive Analytics for IT – Reston, VA – 9/2002-6/2014
President and CEO, Board Member
- Turned failed start-up into recognized leader in its category.
- Analyzed market and re-defined growth strategy. Assembled hands-on management team; refined go-to-market strategy for whole new product category over time: from initial OEMs to Enterprise Sales and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Sold $100m+ in software to prestigious customer base of early adopters, including eight of top ten banks (Bank of America, Citi,..), many leading telecom (Verizon, Vodafone,..) and e-Commerce companies (eBay PayPal, Amadeus,..).
- Received multiple awards for analytics solution: Morgan Stanley CTO Innovation award 2011 – Codie Best Systems Mgmt software 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 – Best of VMworld 2007, 2009, 2011.
e-Security, Inc. – Rockledge, FL – Internet Security Management Software Company – 2/2000-9/2002
President and CEO, Board Member
- Reorganized start-up, spin-off of ASG. Analyzed market and validated product strategy, recruited management, completed equity round, established global sales channels, grew sales and established product management process.
- Positioned company as early market leader in the security information and event management space.
- Grew revenues from $1m to $6m in 2 years.
- Company was ultimately sold to Novell.
Allen Systems Group (ASG), Inc. – Largest Solely Owned Systems Software Company – Naples, FL & Paris, France – 10/1996-1/2000 & 3/1994-8/1995
Chief Operating Officer
During my tenure at ASG, revenues have grown from $9m to $150m+.
- Managed day-to-day operations worldwide.
- Supervised integration of 4 acquisitions: Viasoft, a Platinum division, Beta Systems US, NSA.
- Directed the creation of a Product Management organization and helped define the company’s positioning.
Vice President Sales EMEA
- Defined growth strategy for European market.
- Launched EMEA operations for ASG: after 3 years, revenues exceeded $12M and ASG’s penetration in large corporations was at 50% in France, 40% in the UK, 40% in Italy and 30% in Germany.
- Identified and helped negotiate 2 European acquisitions.
Amplitude International – Security Software Vendor – Paris, France – 8/1995-10/1996
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Analyzed market and competitive environment. Defined go-to-market strategy.
- Built sales and marketing organization.
- Created Partner Program and established indirect distribution channel.
- V-Analyst product became the #1 antivirus in France with 35% market share, until Symantec acquired the product.